bremenports GmbH & Co. KG
We are the public infrastructure manager and landlord of the Ports of Bremen and Bremerhaven, Germany.
A consulting and engineering company with its own port – this sums up bremenports GmbH & Co. KG precisely. The company has managed the port infrastructure in Bremen and Bremerhaven on behalf of the Free Hanseatic City of Bremen since January 2002.
The experts at bremenports maintain close contact with the shipping and logistics industries to ensure that port development in the Federal Land of Bremen is systematically planned to meet demand. They plan and implement construction projects such as Container Terminal 4 (completed in 2008) and Kaiserschleuse lock (2011) to ensure that the world port on the Weser is fit to cope with future requirements. They are responsible for the operation, maintenance and repair of the complex maritime infrastructure. Last but not least, they are increasingly marketing their technical, nautical and ecological expertise to customers in Germany and abroad – all of which makes the ports management company a highly interesting partner for projects the world over.
Organising bremenports in the legal form of a “GmbH & Co. KG” – a limited commercial partnership with a limited liability company as general partner – was a milestone in the history of port management in Germany: the company is a powerful and flexible provider of public infrastructure with a clear focus on economic efficiency.
We support Inland Water Transport by:
- Development and planning of inland waterway expansion works
- Maintenance of port infrastructure, including moorings and berths for inland waterway barge
- Master planning for port-related inland waterway infrastructure
- Development and implementation of trainings and study programmes for port and shipping experts
- Human resource development in the port and shipping industry
Why is bremenports participating in the #IWTS 2.0-project?
- We feel it is important for logisticians to acquire skills and expertise in inland waterway logistics. As such, we promote human resource development in this field.
- Individual skills can best be developed by providing a first-hand experience of the matters at hand. We would like to place inland waterway transport onto the mental radar screens of logistics decision makers to broaden their personal perspective on transportation.